The Montclair Futures Academy
The Off-season Training Program of the Lacrosse Club of Montclair
MONTCLAIR FUTURES ACADEMY – An off-season training program by Montclair for Montclair.
All the science says the best recipe for the healthy development of young athletes is for them to play multiple sports. We highly recommend lacrosse players playing sports other than lacrosse in the Fall, Winter, and Summer. We also think it is good for their lacrosse skills to keep a stick in their hands throughout the year.
So we have designed our Futures Academy program to be:
• BALANCED - "goldilocks" amount of off-season lax: enough to keep lax skills advancing but not so much to interfere with playing other sports
• COMMITTED - coaches have players' longer-term development in mind, focused on optimizing every player's potential to be the best player and teammate he can be
• LOCAL - practices at local venues provide better Lax-Life balance for our families
• AFFORDABLE - Lack of profit motive allows investment in the highest quality coaches as well as the provision of need-based scholarships for our players
• STRUCTURED - Common Terminology, Skills monitoring & Player assessments = Continuity through the year
Program Details: - Rising 3rd through 8th grade boys, In 3 groups: 3/4, 5/6, & 7/8
• Seven (7) October outdoor sessions: Fundamental and advanced skills are taught in small group training & honed in fun, small-sided "Speedlax" scrimmages
• (1) Final full field 10v10 Blue/White Intramural Game
• Four (4) February “Pre-Season Prep” indoor sessions to fine-tune skills fitness before the Spring Season
• Seven (7) June outdoor sessions: Fundamental and advanced skills are taught in small group training & honed in fun, small-sided "Speedlax" scrimmages
• (1) Final full field 10v10 Blue/White Intramural Game Available as separate seasons or as a full, 3-season package at a discounted rate.
See Brochure for Pricing - Discounts for Signing Up for All Three Futures Academy Programs!
Meet Coach Mike Diehl, Program Director of the Montclair Futures Academy
- 2018-Present: Head Coach Montclair High School Lacrosse Team
- 2017:Assistant Coach Bergen Catholic High School
- 2016:Head Coach Voorhees High School
- 2015:Graduate Assistant Coach Montclair State University
- Defenseman/Transition for the NLL 2015 New England Blackwolves
- Defenseman/Transition for the NLL 2014 Philadelphia Wings
- 2012-2014: Assistant Coach Hunterdon Central Regional HS Boy's Lacrosse Team
- 2012-2014: Assistant Coach Hunterdon Central Regional HS Football Team
- 2008-2012: Student-Athlete/Midfielder on the Rutgers University Division 1 Men's Lacrosse Team
- HS Lacrosse All-American Attackmen for Hunterdon Central Regional HS
- HS Football 1st Team All-State Linebacker for Hunterdon Central Regional HS
- Member of 4 Group IV State Championship Lacrosse Teams at Hunterdon Central Regional HS
- Member of 2 Group IV State Championship Football Teams at Hunterdon Central Regional HS