Lacrosse Club of Montclair Covid Protocols
The safety of our players, coaches, volunteers, and community is paramount. Please help us stay healthy by adhering to the following guidelines.
All LCM events will be consistent with CDC, state, local, and US Lacrosse COVID guidelines.
- All players must be registered in our system and have signed our COVID waivers.
- Before each practice or game, a parent or guardian must complete the online TeamSnap health check for their player.
- Make sure players come to practice 10 minutes early to be COVID screened. Late players will not be admitted to practice before receiving approval from the coach.
- Review Covid protocols with their son(s).
- Parents should remind their son(s) about social distancing before each practice.
- Parents are discouraged from watching practices.
- For games, please make sure all spectators are masked and socially distant from others. Please limit the number of people watching each game.
- Parents should be respectful of pick-up and drop-off time: it is imperative that players be picked up on time.
- If anyone in your household tests positive for COVID-19, please let us know immediately, by emailing your head coach and email@example.comPlayer Responsibilities:
- Go to the bathroom before coming to the session to minimize bathroom use.
- Come onto the field fully dressed and ready to play.
- All players should wear a mask arriving and departing the field or facility.
- Upon arrival, check-in with the coach or health/ safety coordinator for your health screening.
- Players will be instructed to place any gear/bags six feet apart from another.
- Once players are at their spot they can put on their helmet and mouthguard, remove their mask, and await coach instruction.
- Avoid touching any training equipment with hands (balls/cones / goals / etc.) unless instructed to by a coach.
- There is no spitting (either saliva or water) allowed on the field at any time.
- Refrain from close physical contact (handshaking / high fives).
- Players must leave immediately after the end of the session.Coach Responsibilities:
- ALL coaches will wear masks and use hand sanitizer
- Check that all players have completed the TeamSnap Health Check before practicing.
- All players and coaches will have their temperature taken before each practice
- Before the start of each session explain measurements and restrictions to players.
- Designate an area where players will be assigned a spot to leave their bags/water (6 feet apart)
- Spread out water breaks within the group to avoid players gathering too closely
- Create drills that encourage social distance and limit drills with direct contact, i.e., face-off drills.
- Create space on the sidelines and benches for players to be socially distant during games.
- Minimize huddles and close contact cheers.LCM Mask Policy:
- Masks/face coverings are to be worn at drop-off, any off-field instruction, and pick-up.
- The only exception to wearing a mask/face covering is when players and coaches are OUTDOORS- on the field training or playing in a game.
- Indoor sessions require players and coaches to wear a mask/face covering at all times.
- Parents, staff, volunteers, and spectators are required to wear a mask at LCM events.The safety of our players, coaches, and families is most important. Please contact your coach or LCM at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.
GO BLUE!! Updated 3/10/21